Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Tools > Scripts > Remove scripts from selection
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm 
please. I need it...

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Tools > Scripts > Remove scripts from selection
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 pm 
Site Admin
Dragon - World - View - Beacons

Enable beacons and highlighting, untick everything except scripted objects (DONT TICK TOUCH ONLY). Set the beacon width a bit higher and viola you can see all prims containing scripts through walls and highlighted in red. Tho, if a linked prim contains a script, the root prim (the base prim that basically is the entire object) will be flagged as containing scripts too, so if you select one that doesn't contain scripts, its the root prim being flagged due to a linked prim containing scripts. Select the prim containing scripts, remove the scripts rinse and repeat until all stuff containing scripts you want to be scriptless are emptied, if you hit a prim that doesn't contain scripts, just continue with the next one.

You don't need Firestorm's remove all scripts option.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:08 am 
Niran wrote:
Dragon - World - View - Beacons

Enable beacons and highlighting, untick everything except scripted objects (DONT TICK TOUCH ONLY). Set the beacon width a bit higher and viola you can see all prims containing scripts through walls and highlighted in red. Tho, if a linked prim contains a script, the root prim (the base prim that basically is the entire object) will be flagged as containing scripts too, so if you select one that doesn't contain scripts, its the root prim being flagged due to a linked prim containing scripts. Select the prim containing scripts, remove the scripts rinse and repeat until all stuff containing scripts you want to be scriptless are emptied, if you hit a prim that doesn't contain scripts, just continue with the next one.

You don't need Firestorm's remove all scripts option.

I didn't ask for being able to SEE scripted items, I asked for REMOVING all scripts from selections

(e.g. if i script something and made several copies of the prim and linked them all together, I want to remove all the scripts in the linked prims because sometimes I forget "LINK_SET" is a thing in scripting.)

I don't want to have to remove them one by one =,= "remove scripts from selection" is a universal thing not a firestorm thing.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:10 am 
Site Admin
Checked latest LL Viewer. It's not included there.

So not really a "universal" thing but rather again just something that came down the line from Firestorm...or Phoenix... or Emerald... or whatever copybot Viewers game before it.

I agree its something simple and sounds like it should be default but truth is... it isn't. So i'm not going to add it, this Viewer is not primarely made for management or building or any convenience features, really. You should open a Jira (or search for one if available) and bring it to LL's attention. Like on the next TPV meeting or the opensource meetings. Shouldn't be too hard convincing them to implement it.

Report this post
Profile  Offline