Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Textures de rendering
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:34 pm 
I know you have explained or tried to explain a number of times, but seriously, it is nearly making this viewer unusable for photography and video. This was also the main reason I had to witch to FS to shoot weddings because this viewer would non stop "roll" the textures on and off. I have tried every combination of setting under rendering options, and nothing. I know you don't like to hear this, but FS does not have this issue. I have plenty of RAm and GTX 970 card so none of that is an isue. I love the graphic on this viewer and pics look great, but when one background texture pops out, then a foreground, then a background, after 10 min, just have to say F this. very, very annoying

is there any recommendation for keeping the textures rendered?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Textures de rendering
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:34 am 
Site Admin
Preferences - Display - Viewer Options

Custom Memory on
Texture Memory to 1024
Scene Memory to 1024

Problem should be solved.

If you need even more:

Dragon - Advanced - Show Debug Settings

TextureMemory to something higher than 1024.
SystemMemory to something higher than 1024.

Be warned, setting any of these higher than 1024 is completely untested. No one knows if the world will be divided by zero and vanish in a huge hole.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:59 pm 
thanks niran, Ill give it a go. If I end up on the other side of some space vortex, I'll try send a message back in a binary bottle

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:33 pm 
Just a follow up... none of those settings helped with the constant texture cycling. I did however find the 'full res texture' and turned that on the cycling stopped. I assume though, that prob eats up loads of memory

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:02 am 
Site Admin
If textures constantly reload even with 1gb memory for both scene and system memory then omg, that place you are in most be absolutely horrible.

Full Resolution Textures is not going to help you for long, infact it will hurt your performance. All it does is ignore the above limits and force all textures to load at their maximum resolution, regardless of the distance or your set limitations. This WILL cause your GPU memory to fill completely (and beyond) grinding your performance to an halt because your GPU will be eternally busy shuffling textures in and out of memory which is a performance killer. DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE.

There are only 2 solutions and 2 workarounds to your problem.

The Tech-y-workaround:

Check "Custom Memory" checkbox.
Check how much VRAM your GPU has.
Check how much Memory and GL Tot usage your area has. (via texture console CTRL + Shift + 3)
Set your SystemMemory Debug to be higher than the 'Memory' usage.
Set your TextureMemory Debug to be higher than the 'GL Tot' usage.
Set both so high that their combined value is still around 100-200mb lower than your total GPU VRAM.

This is NOT a fix. Just a local workaround for ABSOLUTELY SHITTY made textures.

The lazy-**** workaround:

Go somewhere else.
Don't use whatever is wasting so much memory.
Don't buy that ****.
Derender it and hope the Viewer throws its textures into trash to make space for other stuff.
Complain to your local Viewer dev for an issue he cannot fix.

The 1. and only correct, ULTIMATE solution:

Whoever created the textures has to edit ALL textures to be appropriate size for their usage to save as much texture memory as possible.

The 2. and probably only solution you can afford as consumer:

Shittalk the creators, tell them their **** is **** and a waste of texture memory. They should die a horribly slow death and burn in hell eternally for daring to release such shitty content on the grid.

Also, send me a link or landmark/teleport inworld to that/those places causing this behavior. I will tell you how horrible these places are.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:31 am 
Ok ty Niran il try the tech-y verson. And this happens everywhere, not in just one place or a crowded place. The last time i was in blake sea moored on a small linden island. There was a couple other boats but one boat there the textures just kept cycling off as i was trying to snap the pic. i was tempted make a video of it. I got lots of VRAM - a gtx 970

maybe i can try a clean reinstall too maybe something went wiggy

thanks for the tips

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:52 am 
Site Admin
If this happens EVERWHERE then either EVERYWHERE you go is a shithole or your memory settings are horribly broken or you have somehow managed to change the TextureDiscardLevel debug to something else than 0, this would force textures to load at lower resolution, which is kinda buggy and causes constant reloads. Either way i will check these places out.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:15 pm 
Ok maybe this is easier niran. since you're the expert maybe you might see something going on. this is me looking out over the water. i live in mainlandish are so of course expect to be some crappy texture here and there. but like i said this is my common experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX8pn-I4BZo

i did check this 'TextureDiscardLevel' and it is 0

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:57 pm 
Site Admin
There is something infinitely broken. It is absolutely hardcapping at 85mb 'Bound'.

Did you try clearing cache? clearing settings? or better yet send me your settings?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:05 pm 
let me do a complete clean re-install and I'll let you know what happens with that

Report this post
Profile  Offline