Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Negative Chat channels
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:29 am 
Seems that all my gestures and scripts that work on negative chat cannels (ex "/-46428 wings") just say the command in channel 0 in nearby chat instead of actually saying it on the channel. (ex "Trin Diesel: /-46428 wings") Because of this many items I need don't work. am i missing some option to enable negative chat channels? or is that something this viewer doesn't support at all?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Negative Chat channels
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:21 am 
Site Admin
Negative Channels are supported like any other Viewer including the LL one.

There is no option to even disable them.

According to that your problem might be an attachment or script that is "debugging" negative channels and/or intercepting them or simply not writing them correctly.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:05 am 
I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong with it though. Every other viewer runs the gestures fine and typing in /-1 command (for example channel -1) in local results in no message since only channel 0 is shown in local chat. Whereas typing negative any number in BlackDragon results in just saying in nearby the channel i was trying to type on. example [18:05] Trin Diesel: /-1 test

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:02 pm 
Site Admin
Ohhh.. sorry... brainfart.

You cannot chat into negative channels. That is not a supported feature in any default Viewer, you can only chat into negative channels via script. Like in the official Viewer.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:21 am 
Niran wrote:

You cannot chat into negative channels. That is not a supported feature in any default Viewer, you can only chat into negative channels via script. Like in the official Viewer.

False, firestorm has had this type of support since about 2014 it IS possible.. before saying something doesn't work maybe someone should test the theories? I am a person who downloads multiple viewers for comparison reasons. and I have tested this before. chatting on negative channels is possible on firestorm.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:07 am 
Site Admin
Curgus wrote:
Niran wrote:

False, firestorm has had this type of support since about 2014 it IS possible.. before saying something doesn't work maybe someone should test the theories? I am a person who downloads multiple viewers for comparison reasons. and I have tested this before. chatting on negative channels is possible on firestorm.

False. You cannot chat into negative channels in any default Viewer. Default Viewers are all Linden Labs Project Viewers, Beta Viewers and Release Candidates as well as official Releases, none of them supports chatting into negative channels and to make it technically correct, Firestorm cannot chat into negative channels either, Firestorm communicates with the Firestorm Bridge which is an invisible object that is secretly attached to your body which acts as in world script extension, allowing the Viewer to tell the bridge to chat into a negative channel with your given text, that means technically Firestorm cannot chat into negative channels either, no Viewer can because it is not supported by the server, Firestorm however made a workaround by using a LSL script bridge, which i do not and never will.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:20 am 
Niran wrote:
Curgus wrote:
Niran wrote:

False. You cannot chat into negative channels in any default Viewer. Default Viewers are all Linden Labs Project Viewers, Beta Viewers and Release Candidates as well as official Releases, none of them supports chatting into negative channels and to make it technically correct, Firestorm cannot chat into negative channels either, Firestorm communicates with the Firestorm Bridge which is an invisible object that is secretly attached to your body which acts as in world script extension, allowing the Viewer to tell the bridge to chat into a negative channel with your given text, that means technically Firestorm cannot chat into negative channels either, no Viewer can because it is not supported by the server, Firestorm however made a workaround by using a LSL script bridge, which i do not and never will.

Curious, what about singularity? it doesn't appear to have any lsl bridge and can use negative channels too

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:45 am 
Site Admin
Apparently i was wrong.

Following some hot topics and reading through some discussions weither this is a security issue or not and doing the guessing game, trying Singularity i found some interesting stuff.

Chatting into negative channel was not possible up until around 2010, there was either a secret server change that allowed Viewers to chat into negative channels or the description that it is not possible was a lie altogether, which wouldn't be surprising seeing that no one updated the documentation on chat that it is indeed possible to do so Viewer side. Adding on top that the Viewer possesses no code to prevent it from chatting into negative channels. That seems to make the wrong documentation even more true. There were also quite a few discussion about Firestorm doing it via LSL bridge which leads me to believe that they didn't know either, it was also said that it was possible to "workaround" it by using llTextBox which were introduced 2013 which again would imply you can't do it directly. I'll do a test build and see if its really that easy and if so, it will be added with the next update.

EDIT: Apparently i was double wrong, so i was right. I just looked into Singularity's code, they do it via a script dialog workaround, the Viewer fakes the chat message as script dialog reply without popping the actual dialog to be able to chat into negative channels. The fact remains the Viewer cannot chat into negative channels, not without faking a script dialog reply. Kinda ugly if you think about it, just because a chat is flagged as dialog reply it isn't blocked.

Report this post
Profile  Offline