Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Asset Blacklist and Sound Explorer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:36 am 
I am baffled as to why these are not in the viewer, to be honest. I can put up with the problems with chat, and the issues I had with glowing objects not working seems to be fixed, but why are these two features missing?

The Asset Blacklist is LL's way of permanently derendering in-world assets for protection purposes, often used to clear away high-lag inducing objects in scenes, and is really an often unappreciated tool as it can be really helpful to those who don't wish to be drowned in grass textures and whatnot.

The Sound Explorer is what I believe to be another feature from LL that records and logs all sounds that are playing or have played in world, allowing users with mental disorders such as Misophonia to avoid having to listen to sounds that bother them, allowing them to blacklist that specific sound instead of needing to globally mute all of SL's sounds.

I really do want to like this viewer, and I've tried several times to do so, but now that I've been on it long enough to notice these features are missing - I felt I should come here to request that they be added. I mean, surely even Niran can benefit from these two features being on the viewer.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Asset Blacklist and Sound Explorer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 pm 
Site Admin
Both features, the Asset Blacklist nor the Sound Explorer are features from LL, if they were LL features they would be in the LL Viewer which automatically means they would be in this Viewer as well.

These features are just features from Firestorm which got it from Phoenix which got it from Emerald which got it from whatever hellish name the previous Viewers (which often were copybot Viewers) had that were made bey jcool and co.

I'm not going to add any of these, tho i had planned to make a simple "blocked"-like list for derendered objects so you can perma derender objects and more importantly underender them without the need to switch SIMs or relog.

I don't see the need for a sound explorer either, finding out which object is doing that annoying sound and shutting it off is as easy as doing a right click and muting that object. There's the "Beacons" feature that allows you showing debug beacons for sounds, physical objects, scripts and some other objects, easily allowing you to figure out which object is causing that ear cancer (in case it isn't absolutely obvious like in most cases).

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:48 am 
Niran wrote:
I don't see the need for a sound explorer either, finding out which object is doing that annoying sound and shutting it off is as easy as doing a right click and muting that object. There's the "Beacons" feature that allows you showing debug beacons for sounds, physical objects, scripts and some other objects, easily allowing you to figure out which object is causing that ear cancer (in case it isn't absolutely obvious like in most cases).

Thing is, though, occasionally these sounds are coming from avatars and muting the avatar has the undesired effect of being unable to talk to them. It's not their fault I can't handle certain sounds or repetitive sounds, I don't feel I should mute an avatar just because of my own mental problems.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:06 am 
Site Admin
Sure. Weirdly there is no "show muted text" option anymore in Viewer 3. I should probably re-add it. Anyway.

If the sound is coming from an avatar you can always just disable sounds although that is more of a workaround than an actual fix. Alternatively you can mute someone's Voice (either turn it to 0 or right click mute voice) which should count as "mute" too and could possibly mute their sounds too although i'm not sure about that since i haven't tried that recently. I'm rather thinking of a right click option to mute sounds from someone, just like you can mute chat and voice separately.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 pm 
Niran wrote:
If the sound is coming from an avatar you can always just disable sounds although that is more of a workaround than an actual fix. Alternatively you can mute someone's Voice (either turn it to 0 or right click mute voice) which should count as "mute" too and could possibly mute their sounds too although i'm not sure about that since i haven't tried that recently. I'm rather thinking of a right click option to mute sounds from someone, just like you can mute chat and voice separately.

I actually always keep voice completely disabled. People on voice are generally inconsiderate of this problem and do things like leaving their mic constantly open, or eating with it still on and whatnot. So I just keep voice disabled as a general way to avoid such things.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:54 pm 
Site Admin
That is not what i'm referring to. You can mute someone's voice separately via right click, which acts like a real mute, that should allow you muting someone without actually muting someone, including the fact that sounds should not play anymore while chat should still appear. That's the theory.

Report this post
Profile  Offline