Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Quickjump and 3rdPerson Steering click
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:07 pm 
Sorry if I'm suggesting anything the viewer might already have, I just couldn't find it myself. If this is already available then great!

Quickjump (firestorm) or Nimble (Singularity) is a feature I use very often for the sim I play in. Our system relies heavily on the responsiveness. What it does is Ignore the prejump animation, and the heavy fall landing animation, making jumping in SL much more responsive. This viewer is just so awesome I'd love to be able to use it all the time, but without this feature I'll have to switch back to one the referenced 2 viewers much too often.

A less important feature but one that would be so cool would be extending the functionality of the 3rd person steering mode to be able to activate mouselook click commands. Thus able to use mouselook fire weapons in third person. I think that the 3rd person steering mode is such a great and unique feature and the reason i stumbled upon this viewer in the first place. It would be that much more awesome to be able to use it with weapons. This isn't exactly NEEDED (and I don't know if its even possible) but its something I've always wished I could do in SL.

Again sorry if either of these features are in the viewer already, I may have just been too dumb to figure it out.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Quickjump and 3rdPerson Steering click
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:27 am 
Site Admin
Ignoring the prejump animation is not an option in the Viewer and probably wont. I made a server side AO and added this feature to it so i don't need it in my Viewer.

3rd Person steering cannot be extended to allow first person controls due to the way the camera is coded. It would be far easier to change the weapon scripts to allow mouse controls in third person.

Report this post
Profile  Offline