Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: List of declined Features
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:40 pm 
Site Admin
You may want to read this list first , listed are all Features which were already suggested but 100% declined

i also added a short reason why

NOTE: Features might be reconsidered over time resulting in them beeing not listed here anymore and featured in a future release
NOTE #2: Asking for Phoenix Features will most likely end up beeing declined aswell , i dont like Phoenix and i dont want to be a clone of Phoenix , i want to make stuff different , Phoenix also has nothing Graphic focused in my eyes , please understand that

declined are:
-Advanced Radar Features , that includes Area Search , Local notifications about people in range , lots of information display in nearby , extra floater for it that generally shows extra information and all other kinds of tracking features that arnt needed to live
-Old style Window profiles like in Viewer 1
-Build in AO , which might come into LL Viewer in future anyway
-Phoenix/Firestorm my Particles Editor
-Viewer bridge and all coresponding features like move-to-TP which can cause other Viewers to crash
-Grid Manager and additional OpenSIM Grids - due to TPV sublicensing
-No Privacy inflicting options that includes show names over people´s lookat/pointat , TP/Cam to People without permission etc
-Parcel Windlight
-Combined Local/IM
-Communications Hub User Interface (CHUI)
-Worn in folders

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: List of declined Features
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:51 pm 
Niran,

Could you explain why Build in AO (Renders objects/scripts useless / creativness loss)? I thought the point of a built in AO was to help remove a HUD item, and in turn reduce a regions MB/Script usage by the avatar? The less the region has to be doing, the better performance for everyone. Or is it your against AOs? AOs in general are great (IMHO) on making the avatar appear to be lively and doing the small things we do (brush hair back, cross arms, etc.) than just a Doll - Stagnant Stick Figure standing there. So I am just confused (not looking for a rant just asking honestly) as to your reason why listed above, as I may not know of the reasons you may have (technical or otherwise). Thank you.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:56 am 
Site Admin
well its pretty useless in first place for me and my viewer direction i want to go with it , second im not against AOs instead i love them , and yes a build in AO could help the SIM but seriously there are so many idiots with 10-20mb and 500+ scripts running around , a good AO like Oracul which is also free and has nearly all features the FS build in AO has aswell , takes only about 64kb MAX compiled with Mono , in LSL it would be even less , so nothing about performance gain on Server side here , this is so tiny minimal that nobody will ever notice and the HUD problem , well those who have 100 HUDs each bigger as the other are stupid , really stupid , sorry but thats just true , again Oracul is not just only fast and kb savy its also very small , nearly tiny, 3 little buttons , god who cares about 3 stupid little buttons , i mean you open up your Inventory and half your screen is full of it.... the other thing , rendering objects/scripts useless ... a build in AO is an attack against sold AO´s for me , you still have to buy the animations , but why doing AO´s then when nobody uses them?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:41 pm 
"for me and my viewer direction i want to go with it " Oh okay I understand that. Just in reply to what your saying here, I have had purchased awesome animation sets (AOs) but the interface, as you described, was unnecessarily large or when visiting Yiify Lounge or such, there it showed the amount of scripts/mem it was using usually with the Admin making a point to discuss the matter with me. Normally what I have done (and seemingly others is) buy a AO we like (say a Neko, Kitty, etc. series of animations) then open it. Once the files are copies into my inventory I then use the built in AO of the viewer (Dolphin v3 for example) and drag drop, done. Now my avatar is not just standing there like a doll, but is active, lively and when I walk, sit, other, I don't look like every other Avatar or a Robot. Further addons I like to Hugs, Kiss, Cuddle, Dance, etc. are great for some AOs, but I never got that tweaky about it personally, jut more wanting a uniquely lively avatar.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:00 am 
Site Admin
well i do have a living AV aswell , but i dont have a client AO , i just have a good AO and a good SIM with good motion captured cheap 4-16L$ animations each (Kuso is it called), all i do is put my Animations into the Oracul AO which is tiny , fast , has lots of functions and only takes up 64kb and 1-2 scripts which is virtually nothing , the only thing that needs some real handwork is the Notecard but i assume someone using my Viewer should be able to mod AO notecards...

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:33 pm 
I am somewhat curious what you have against parcel windlight, as it seems to add to the atmosphere of places in a useful way. (unless i'm misunderstanding something)

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 pm 
Site Admin
LL will implement them officially , also those new TPV rules will also stop me from implementing this feature

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 am 
Niran wrote:
declined are:
-Area Search
-Old Profiles
-Build in AO (Renders objects/scripts useless / creativness loss)
-Client Tags (useless)
-Phoenix/Firestorm my Particles Editor (usless)
-a bridge and all coresponding features like move-to-TP (no stupid extra attachment slots that produce errors or may crash others!)
-more Radar Features (Privacy / Creativeness loss / rendering objects/scripts useless / supports lazyness)
-extra super feature rich Grid manager (we are advanced Users we dont need that , i also do not officially support other Grids)
-show names over other people´s lookat/pointat (Privacy)
-build in flight-feather (Creativeness loss/rendering objects/scripts useless / god gave you a Navbar to get higher!)
-Parcel Windlight (broken / useless)
-show real Online Status (Privacy)
-TP/Cam to via Radar without "Permission" or Limits (Privacy)

I can agree with a lot of all that, honestly. Most is frivolous that honestly, you don't need.

I love your Viewer. I really do. It loads so fast, and it's such a beautiful view of the world. But there are.... Some things, that yes (I am going to say it), that force me to use the vastly inferior Firestorm. I do implore you to actually do these few things, and you will have a user for life. I will also present my argument, and if you decline, I respect that, because this is your work.

1) Spell Check - Like someone pointed out, it helps those of us with dyslexia, or even have been misspelling words forever. I know I still have to correct myselt with "Entrance". I used to spell it (and still do sometimes) "Enterance". I know it may seem like something silly, but I do like to know when I am using a word properly.

2)Option for Local/Nearby and IM's in one floater. Being the busybody that I am, I would like things in one place. Running Local and then IM windows in two seperate floaters, does clutter a bit. :< This is not a huge thing, but, I do like everything in one place.

3)Option to "Cam" in on people via Radar. There is a reason I ask this. With Parcel properties making privacy less of a concern in most residential sims, as an admin of a RP sim, this feature does help me, if I am in the middle of a scene, and I get an IM about an issue going on. The being able to cam via double click (( Because who cares about teleporting ))is a huge benefit to me to be able to continue my scene, and handle the other person violating the sim rules.

4)Entering Chat Range Notification in "Nearby/Local" chat. I am an avid RP'er, and I do work at a store (not plugging because this is your site. ^.^). I like the ability to keep my Local open, and see who is nearby, for either a greeting or to spur up an RP (or to tease people for chat perving). Though this is a little secondary to the next one.

5)Friends logging on and off notifications in "Local/Nearby" chat. This is one of the huge ones. I... Am a keyboard looker/fingertyper (though I do type fairly fast from what I am told), and having the toasts means that if I am typing up a long pose, AFK, step away for just a moment, I don't see that a friend, or even my partner logged in or out. This is quite troubling, and one of the big things that makes me not want to use Niran's.

I know, these are just the words of one user. :< But, I... I love what you have done with Niran's. Just... When I TP'ed from one sim to another, and it was just, whoosh, loaded... That had me sold. It's so streamlined. So clean. So well thought out. Firestorm is buggy, crashes just... Randomly, and uses a high amount of resources for a 10 - 15 fps SL experience. I am below your recommended settings (a Dual Core and only 4gig of RAM, but running a GTX460) and I am getting an average of 25 - 30 FPS using Nirans This... Is a a HUGE thing for me. I love smooth animations. My AO is custom built with some great animations, and just... Breath taken away again when starting up your viewer.

I... I wouldn't have typed all this out, if I did not feel really strong about these features. I am not on Singularity, Exodus, or Zen's forums, asking for the same things. I am on this one, because I really, honestly love how SL looked to me through your viewer.

Okay... Enough of me though. If you do, or don't included these, I understand, because in the end, it is your time. Your work. Your vision. I do hope that you might take these things into consideration.

xoxo
Angelica

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm 
Site Admin
i should update that list to prevent people from asking for 2) which is declined aswell

1) is already in , just doesnt work , idk why... will have to completely throw it out and implement it again
2) declined
3) i thought it was already in...damn , will implement it again
4) no advanced radar features
5) was in my old viewer , got lost when switched to LL base , will write it down into todo´s

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:41 am 
Thank you for the timely response!

Yeah. #5 was the big thing for me. Thank you for actually sitting down and reading my list. ^.^ I can not wait until the update! And no, no "OMG is it updated yet?!?" LOL! Take your time, and keep up the extraordinary work!

<3 Angelica

Report this post
Profile  Offline