Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: [Bug] when in mouselook, cannot CTRL+SHIFT+1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:48 am 
when I try to bring up the statistics box in mouselook (CTRL+SHIFT+1) it doesn't do anything. but works fine out of mouselook.

EDIT: welp, idk what i pressed but now my inventory is sorted alphebetically and i don't know how to change it back to how it was i tried pressing everything inventory related but it's stuck alphabetically

second edit: *sigh* welp... UN-checking the boxes for sorting by date fixed the problem...which was weird

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: [Bug] when in mouselook, cannot CTRL+SHIFT+1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:17 pm 
Site Admin
Statistics not working in Mouselook is no bug, it's intended behavior.

Only the minimap is supposed to work in Mouselook. The exception here is if you disable UI hiding in Mouselook, in that case everything should work but then again you don't need statistics anymore because you can see your framerate at the top right in the status bar.

The inventory sorting in Inventory is.... complex... its a bunch of if-else-then-only-if-not-when-but-then bullshittery. I can't tell you exactly how it works without trying it out myself but i can tell you that selecting sort by date overwrites sort by acquire date, sort alphabetically is basically always on unless another sorting mode overwrites it, note that this is just an example, like i said i have no idea which overwrites which and at what point which sorting style is active, it's a huge *********** and the buttons also invert their function every time you relog, meaning if you ticked sort alphabetically and relog it might not be ticked anymore but still active, which means ticking it again will do the opposite (disabling it even though ticking it should technically toggle it on), this is due to the way the inventory sortings are... coded, they don't follow a simple "on/off" toggle but instead are just called once and enabled internally, which means they just react to an input signal, it doesn't matter if that signal says on or off... or anything else...

I might want to change the way sorting works to make them easier to understand... someday, when i look into overhauling the inventory again.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:38 pm 
Niran wrote:
Statistics not working in Mouselook is no bug, it's intended behavior.

Only the minimap is supposed to work in Mouselook. The exception here is if you disable UI hiding in Mouselook, in that case everything should work but then again you don't need statistics anymore because you can see your framerate at the top right in the status bar.

well, I also use statistics window for watching sim fps & physics fps when testing weaponry xD

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:46 pm 
Site Admin
But again i told you how to circumvent this "problem" of yours.

That's what the disable UI hide option is for, tick it and everything in your UI will stay.

Report this post
Profile  Offline