Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Per-parcel windlight settings?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:15 am 
Hi. :)

I'm very new to Dragon viewer. I came interested in it because I heard it can use more graphics memory than LL/Firestorm viewer.

One question, though, will Dragon viewer support Firestorm-style per-parcel windlight settings?

Thx.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Per-parcel windlight settings?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 am 
Site Admin
It cannot use "more" memory per definition, that's a rumor, or at least a very very simple explanation of what is going on.

You can set permanent texture memory and the current rendering memory separately which allows to set the permanent memory much higher without automatically raising all other memory values as well and causing a lot of trouble. It is very experimental and could cause its own set of problems tho.

The Viewer won't feature parcel Windlight unless it is added by lindens in a better way than hiding it in descriptions. LL is planning on a huge overhaul of Windlight this year, so there is no reason to stab into that stuff right now as it could all be trashed later this year.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Per-parcel windlight settings?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:29 pm 
Niran wrote:
It cannot use "more" memory per definition, that's a rumor, or at least a very very simple explanation of what is going on.

You can set permanent texture memory and the current rendering memory separately which allows to set the permanent memory much higher without automatically raising all other memory values as well and causing a lot of trouble. It is very experimental and could cause its own set of problems tho.

The Viewer won't feature parcel Windlight unless it is added by lindens in a better way than hiding it in descriptions. LL is planning on a huge overhaul of Windlight this year, so there is no reason to stab into that stuff right now as it could all be trashed later this year.

You don't give yourself enough credit. ;) I was able to use 2G video memory (1 for scenes, 1 for textures). The result!? No more blurring! Like ever!

And your Screen Space Reflections are awesome! (And so vastly superior to what LL/Firestorm offer, with blackened surfaces as a result of enabling it).

This viewer finally allows me to see things the way they were meant to!

Thank you very much!!

Report this post
Profile  Offline