Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Draw distance and SSAO
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:57 pm 
Can someone explain this relation ship and how the draw distance affects the SSAO? Here are a couple screens. the settings are all the same except draw distance. I would like to achieve the reflections in the second screen shot but with draw distance turned up. Maybe i some settings off... these shots taken with everything pretty much on 'ultra'

Draw distance at about 240

Draw distance at 8

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Draw distance and SSAO
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:35 pm 
I also did another shot played with the haze sliders etc... but this shot shows right where the draw distance is. the area of reflection is beyond the draw distance (draw distance 120)

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 am 
Site Admin
this is a long known bug in specular rendering no one has yet fixed, there is no known fix right now and has nothing to do with SSAO, this bug only happens in Deferred and has to do with the way Deferred in general works, it fades out shadows, reflections and other "special" effects on distance to reduce the FPS hit. Sadly this has a downside as you noticed.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 pm 
ahh I see thanks. I was pullin my hair out thinking it must be a setting im not aware of or something. thanks

Report this post
Profile  Offline