Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Couple bugs?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:40 pm 
Hello. the "allow media to auto-play" seems to not work. I can turn it on manually. I also have a problem when I attach my guitars to my av. my HUD's disappear along with my entire av. (hehe,with a puff of smoke) if I detach it, everything comes back. I don't have this problem with Nirans Viewer or the standard sl viewer.( not huge problems but it would be cool if they worked right)
I absolutely love your viewers and they are by far the best out there for mid/high end systems. I was wondering if you were planning on adding the "Show Title /Artist Info When Song Change" and in the "People/Nearby tab" the distance from other avatars. (I love those options)

~Rachael~

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Couple bugs?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:45 pm 
Site Admin
Allow media to auto-play works as intended. The media prim itself needs to be set to "Play automatically". Also after setting this option you need to go somewhere else and come back (TP to other SIM and then TP back) in order for it to take effect.

Your dissapear problem is a feature called auto mute/derender, it automatically mutes/derenders objects or whole avatars which go over a certain render ressource threshold measured with the overall surface in m² of all its surfaces. This function is currently not editable via Preferences but you can edit it via Debug Settings, the setting is called RenderAutoMuteSurfaceAreaLimit, either you set it higher or you set it to 0 for no limit but be warned that every Avatar and every Object no matter how spammy and or ressource heavy it is will be allowed to be rendered then which might result in graphic/driver crashes in worst case.

Both your suggested options might come back someday, no info on that, there are more important things to do.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm 
Awesome thanks. I actually had to raise it up to 550.00 from 200.00 to get it right :) I hate to ask a stupid question, but where might I find the "media prim"?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:47 am 
Site Admin
The "Media Prim" is the prim/object the media is applied on. You can add, remove or edit media's on a prim or its surfaces by either selecting one desired face or multiple faces and clicking the "choose..." button in Build Tools -> Texture.

Note that the auto-play option in preferences also changes the behavior of video and music streams on the parcel/SIM you are on.

Report this post
Profile  Offline