Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to niransviewer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Camera setting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:37 pm 
Ok, this would be such a cool feature to have. Not sure if it is even possible, but sure would be useful

I use all the time the shift+ctrl+alt arrow up/down/left/right or ctrl+alt arrow up/down/left/right to try to precisely position the cam. Panning up down/ left right works pretty good, but tilting is sketchy at best, especially in ultra settings and i'm down to 1fps

My idea would be an option to turn on for increment stops, user set stops (like a varying scale of 1-10 degrees per stop). so each click of the arrow would move the camera one 'click' Much like using a geared tripod head

of course, another super useful feature would be a 'level' or autolevel to precisely align the horizontal and vertical lines. again, have no idea if such a thing would be possible, or if there is already a HUD that does it, but if so, would kinda revolutionize photography is SL.

Ok, add on true tilt shift capability to that wish list as well! :lol:

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Camera setting
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:57 am 
Site Admin
Super small and precise camera movement:
CTRL + Shift + Alt + Mouse.

Tilt Shift:
Camera Angle to MAX + Super DoF

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm 
yes, i use the ctrl+ alt or shift + ctrl + alt with the arrow key.. i did find turning the camera lag and smoothing to zero does help greatly to keep it from bouncing

your other trick - will have to try that. never heard of that, thanks!

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:23 pm 
Site Admin
No, not the arrow keys, use the Mouse. Zoom on something with Alt + Mouse (Left Click), then hold Left Mouse button and release Alt, now you can press CTRL or CTRL + Shift to rotate/pan/move the camera around or just release them and only hold Left Mouse to zoom and rotate. With mouse you can do way more precise movement than with any key.

Report this post
Profile  Offline